Tuesday, March 22, 2011

160yrs of Employment v/s 6yrs of Entrepreneurship…..Tough choice ?

 

After starting my new life as a entrepreneur (3+yrs back), I learnt what life actually meant. I realized how tough it was to take decisions and stick by them no matter what. Initially I had a few friends with me but then once they dropped out it was not easy for me to stick around ALONE. The word ALONE, sounds scary in business. Specially when you starting up. More so, if you have a reputation of changing your job like you do with jockey’s (I’m not promoting this brand).

Its tough. Only a few friends who really understood me knew why I changed so many jobs. For you all I now officially disclose the reason. I was in a SEARCHING MODE. Something like searching a time bomb. That’s ticking and I need to find it before its too late. That time bomb was any job that gave me Peace, Contentment, Bliss and LOTS of Money. I then realized that I was looking for an Ostrich (Peace, Contentment, Bliss and LOTS of Money) in the Himalayas (JOB). A lot of friends told me that they found their Ostrich in the Himalayas. That’s what got me to the Himalayas.

They were not wrong. They did find their ostrich. Just that it looked like a miniature version FOR ME. Coz the one I had in mind was a huge one. I was laughed at by 99% of my friends and family for having dreamt of owning a BIG Ostrich. Some even told me they didn’t exist. Or only those born rich were allowed to have it.

I then started my search for those who had the one I wanted. Coz I was sure only they knew where to find it and how to catch it. As ‘The Secret’ says .. you get what you looking for If you are serious about it. I found them. So thrilled I was that I called few friends over to see the  BIG birds !  None turned up. So I went alone. I met the big people who had not one or two but many such big birds. And they lived a life of true abundance. So now my journey started as a seeker. A seeker who had forgotten who he was, what he was. Just there with an empty head to learn.

Understanding oneself………

The first lesson I had to learn was to understand who I was and what I wanted to do in life. Pretty easy right ? … not really. I had to understand who I was according to me. Not according to what people around me felt I was. I had to let go of the prejudice I had started to develop about myself thanks to all the people around. And then I had to re-connect with my dream. MOOKA: my dream project that I started living for but it had started to die slowly. A 100+Cr project (will write about it some other time soon).

Then I had to understand the most important lesson of my life. Yes it’s the topic of this blog. 160yrs v/s 40yrs. So what is this all about ?

160yrs of Employment.

(BB = Big Bird = Ostrich = Dream), (Hims = Himalayas = Job)

This is reality. At least for 96+% of the world (now % reducing fast). The majority feel, to achieve our dreams (catch a BB) we have to go to the Hims.

One generation (grand father) goes there. Spends 40yrs looking for the BB, doesn’t find it. But at the end of 40yrs returning empty handed is against the Male EGO. So, any ways they never shared how big the BB they going for would be, so they get hold of the miniature. And pass on that information to their Kids (Fathers).

Now the fathers also go to the Hims to look for their BB. They too never tell no body the size of their Dream. Remember in those days it was foolish to dream big. We had phrases like ….. Don’t spread your legs more than the size of the sheet….and many more….So, the father too after 40yrs of searching settles for a slightly bigger bird than his father did. The Male ego still rules.

Now the son. He too goes in search of the same BIG BIRD ! And just like his predecessors shrinks his dream to the size ready and available. And then being a little smart doesn't waste time looking for something his last 2 generations didn’t find.

It’s the grandson now. And you guessed it right. Same story in general.

Now, the point my mentors wanted to make to me was this……..

Each of the generations spent 30 to 40 yrs looking for something they believed (faintly) existed. But instead of having a clear cut vision for what they were actually looking for they kept their respective dreams hidden from the rest. Just to avoid to be looked at like a loser. FEAR OF FAILURE. As a result they together spent 120 to 160 yrs in just searching. Each of their BIG MALE EGO’s didn’t allow them to look for people who had what they were looking for and seek their guidance.

Hence the key blocks here are :-

1. Fear of Failure
2. Fear of Rejection.
3. The big fat EGO.
4. The I know it all – Attitude.
just to name a few………….

6yrs of Entrepreneurship.

No body in this world is born a professional. We don’t learn coding from our mothers womb nor do we learn how to build homes from there. Then why is it that we think to be a successful business man we need the business man DNA ?  The most CRIMINAL thing one does when someone wants to start their own enterprise is…

~ Compare him with all those who failed at business. In the family and around. How MORONIC can one be ?  Basic common sense….How can you compare someone who has not even made an attempt to do something that the other he is being compared to has failed at ? Now if you telling me you are analyzing his knowledge with the one who failed the you are a MORON for sure. Let me tell you why ……

In the late 1800’s there were 2 people who were trying to give flight to man. The Wright Bros and there was Samuel Pierpont Langley. The later, had all the greatest minds in Physics and other Sciences, all the politicians of the nations, and a lot of money to back him to give flight to mankind. But we’ve never heard of this gentlemen. WHY ? Coz he FAILED !  Do you know why he failed ? He failed coz the day he got to know that Wright bros were able to be in air for 9+ seconds, HE QUIT.

Now how is it that a person who had everything, the politicians, the minds to hire and the money failed to give flight ?  Simple, He was missing a DRIVE with in as to why he wanted to give flight to mankind.

All it takes for one to be a Successful Entrepreneur is a DRIVE. A DRIVE to be different. A DRIVE to be able to make a difference to peoples lives. A DRIVE to be FREE. A DRIVE to DESERVE THE BEST for oneself and family and generations to come.

If you have this drive, look no further. FIRST contact those around you who are making a difference in their own lives and the lives of others. If you have none then contact me (if you believe I’m doing something that can make this world a better place). To be an entrepreneur all it takes is the below few things…..

1. A DREAM (this is Mandatory. If you don’t have one then let me help you realize one).
2. A DO or DIE attitude to achieve the above.
3. Willingness to Change the way we currently process our thoughts and information.
4. Be a great Student to someone who IS where you want to be.
5. 212% Of commitment. (type “212 degrees” in YouTube and watch the video)

With the above qualities you can for sure make it to the top of the Entrepreneur Charts.

So now to the golden Question……….

160yrs of Employment v/s 6yrs of Entrepreneurship….. ?

If this is still a tough choice read this blog again Smile

 

 

Disclaimer – If any of my words have caused hurt to you then its your problem. I never wrote them with an intention to hurt anyone. You are hurt coz you perceived it that way. 

8 comments:

  1. awesome dude, looks like a wake up call

    ReplyDelete
  2. CD ! Your story and your lines, keeps me in focus and always truly empowering !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right thinking CD....keep going, keep rocking Bro..cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one man..........good one.......very direct and in your face...prompts us into action!!...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Realizing One's True Potential is about finding a livelihood that brings joy and self-sufficiency and a sense of contributing to the world...... And Through Your Article & Knowing You I feel You Have Achieved Your Dreams But Your Potentiality Keeps Increasing And Your Dream Keeps Increasing & You Keep Achieving Them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice:) superlike:) a wakeup call to bring about change in the way we see and live life. After reading this I soooo wanna take the step & give 212% of commitment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Given me strength that whatever i have started about 1-1/2 years back is correct and i am on my way..Great thoughts and nicely put together..

    ReplyDelete